يمكنك الان ترجمة الوظيفة الى اللغة التي تفضلها
The IRC Yemen began its programs in October 2012. Currently IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates in the south and north of Yemen through direct programming and through a local partnership in Health, WASH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery Development, Education, Child Protection, Gender and Women Protection and Empowerment
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Deputy Director for Programs (DDP) provides leadership, decision-making and coordination on programmatic issues, including the development of quality proposals and overseeing the effective implementation of IRC’s programs in Yemen. S/he must be able to motivate and lead a diverse team, as well as effectively manage programs, partnerships and budgets.
Based in Aden, with travel to Sana’a, the position reports to the Country Director (CD) and is a member of the Country Management Team. The DDP directly supervises Technical Coordinators, the Senior Program Coordinator for protection sectors, and the Senior Coordinator for Grants & Accountability. This position has close working relationships with the Deputy Regional Director and other members of the regional support team, and Technical Advisors who support the Yemen country program
• Together with the CD, lead in the implementation of the IRC Yemen Strategy Action Plan (SAP)
• Serve as the focal point for the SAP Monitoring and Reporting Protocol and SAP Implementation Committee
• Ensure programming is aligned with SAP priorities and IRC’s Outcomes and Evidence Framework (OEF) and best practices, including program planning, project design, and communications with staff.
Program Development and fundraising
• In coordination with the CD, actively design and implement fundraising strategies, incorporating donor mapping and communication plans
• Support the Grants and M&E departments to ensure that high quality and needs-based project proposals are developed in compliance with IRC and donor regulations and within the parameters of the SAP
• Ensure program teams to adhere to internal schedules for delivering their contributions for concept notes, proposals and donor reports. Ensure program inputs are in the required format and to the desired quality
• Ensure IRC Yemen’s commitment to gender equality is factored into program design and implementation
• Maintain a sound understanding of the implementation progress of IRC programs
• Chair grant review meetings to review progress of programs, including, but not limited, to spending. When required, coordinate the development of corrective measures to ensure projects finish on time and on target, ensure timely follow up on any agreed actions
• Support Technical Coordinator to ensure that project delivery is guided by structured work-plans and approved monitoring plans based on project proposals.
• Ensure program teams develop, implement, and revise as required, detailed Procurement Plans and Staffing Plans. And these plans are developed in cooperation with Field Management Teams and Operations functions.
• Provide the CD with accurate and up to date advice on developments and opportunities in program implementation, together with any necessary recommendations for course correction
• Support the Senior Coordinator Grants & Accountability to deliver on the country M&E strategy
• Ensure information collected through M&E and client feedback mechanisms is used to inform all stages of the project life cycle.
• Ensure that program teams are submitting timely and high quality reporting to the grants team, per IRC and donor guidelines.
• Monitor program delivery through regular field visits and review sessions. Ensure senior program staff are frequently visiting project sites to monitor implementation.
• Oversee the Country Emergency Team and ensure emergency preparedness levels are maintained to enable quick emergency response
Human Resources and Staff Development
• Ensure IRC Yemen HR policies and procedures are implemented at all times.
• Set clear performance objectives for direct reports
• Provide supportive mentorship and supervision to direct reports.
• Ensure that regular and quality staff evaluations are conducted for all program staff.
• Ensure IRC Yemen guidance on team meetings and regular, predictable and actionable meetings for staff are adhered to.
• Ensure that all direct reports develop and implement Capacity Building Plans for their teams.
Liaison/Representation and Coordination
• Actively, systematically and regularly communicate with various partners in country.
• Ensure that IRC Yemen’s interventions are planned and coordinated within the broader humanitarian effort.
• Ensure IRC is represented at sector coordination groups, including the clusters.
• Help maintain a positive relationship with donors / Government counterparts.
• Serve as an active member of the Country Management Team.
• Support IRC Yemen to achieve its commitments within the SAP to expand local partnerships
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with partners
• Ensure regular technical program support and guidance to partners, in accordance with partnership agreements
Education, Knowledge & Experience
• Graduate degree in International Development, International Relations, business; management and administrative science
• Excellent professional track record with 5-6 years of overseas experience in a conflict/post-conflict environment with program leadership responsibilities. Successful experience working within a complex security environment is preferred
• Proven ability to think strategically, prioritize and meet deadlines in a complex and challenging environment
• Excellent leadership, people management, interpersonal and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to develop harmonious teams in a multi-ethnic context; must demonstrate cultural sensitivity
• Demonstrated experience in program design and monitoring; experience developing and monitoring budgets, work plans and other program management tools
• Demonstrated coordination, networking and relationship building skills with key partners including government, donors, INGOs, national and local organizations, UN agencies
• Good interpersonal and team building skills and knowledge of participatory approaches
• Fluency in English. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Working knowledge of Arabic strongly preferred
• Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to work and live in an emergency environment while maintaining a positive attitude. Willingness to travel in remote and conflict affected areas
• Flexibility, adaptability
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Work Environment: There is active conflict in parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas and other states. The situation in Aden remains unpredictable. Security will be thoroughly discussed during the interview process.
Housing: Lodging in Aden and Sana’a is in shared IRC guesthouses. All IRC sites have electricity and internet all day through. Food is the individual’s responsibility
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. #LI-GR
خطوات التقديم كالتالي:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world's leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people hit by war and natural disasters globally. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women's empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of legal rights for the vulnerable and displaced, IRC aims to accompany people on their journey from harm to home