Drivers G2 - Sa'ada (4 openings)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Assisting 91.4 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving Lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
In 2019, WFP is scaling up its Yemen operations aiming to provide 12 million people with monthly food assistance through direct food distributions, vouchers or cash and nutritional support to nearly 3 million pregnant and nursing women and children under 5.
These jobs are found in Regional Bureaux (RBs), Country Offices (COs), Area Offices (AOs) and Field Offices (FOs). Job holders report to the Administration Officer, Logistics Officer or the designate, and drive light vehicles, trucks, vans, motorcycles or any other type of land transport. They may also be assigned to operate speed boats or other types of watercrafts. The job may involve basic administrative assistance in the office or stores.
To provide efficient and safe transportation of authorized personnel and/or commodities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide transportation of authorized personnel including translation of basic conversations from/to the local language, and/or delivery of various items/commodities following authorized routing and UN safety and security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient services.
2. Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival to the authorised destinations.
3. Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the supervisor on mechanical status, to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
4. Responsible that the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in a good condition including all equipment, the maintenance is done on time, vehicle is fully equipped with required travel authorisations and supplies, and any mechanical issues are reported to the supervisor to ensure safe and efficient services.
5. Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
6. Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required including delivery/collection of various items, mailing service and payment of office telephone and other bills to ensure administrative support to clients.
Qualifications & Experience
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license/certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations.
Experience: One or more years of work experience as a Driver, preferably in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans, trucks and other kinds of motorised vehicles. Experience in defensive driving is desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads/waterways and conditions, and security issues.
• Knowledge of the vehicle loading capacity and other parameters.
• Knowledge of driving/boat operating rules and regulations whichever applicable.
• Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, buoyant wearable safety devices, etc.).
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods.
• Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone and other applications.
• Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
• Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and tact.
Language: Fluency (level C) in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Approaches individual tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Connects individual tasks and responsibilities to unit’s goals and mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills.
- Create an inclusive culture: Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear goals and measurable targets for own tasks and responsibilities.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Assesses own tasks and responsibilities to find ways to be more efficient.
- Focus on getting results: Maintains accurate records of completion times and tasks in own areas of responsibility.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks.
- Be Decisive: Notifies supervisors of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the field or office.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Understands WFP’s organizational structure, including the purpose and mission of each unit.
- Build strong external partnerships: Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WFP is an equal opportunity employer.
- WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national or having work/residency permit.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only.
- Indicate all your job TOR.
- Indicate clear years of experience with each job (month/year)
- WFP FT staff who are still under probation period are not eligible to apply.
- Employees with SC contracts who finished 12 months in WFP are eligible to apply.
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
.Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
How To Applyكيفية التقديم
خطوات التقديم كالتالي:
- قم بزيارة الرابط التالي:
- رابط التقديم
- قم بانشاء حساب.
- ومن ثم قم بتعبئة البيانات المطلوبة.
Assisting 86.7 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
- 01 214100
Share This Job