DRC Yemen’s response
Throughout its nine field offices and a workforce of 450 staff, DRC upholds its main programmatic objectives to provide immediate and life sustaining assistance, to strengthen the protective environment, and to reduce displacement related risks and vulnerabilities by promoting self-reliance at household and community level.
About the job
Under general supervision, performs a variety of semi-skilled space managing, maintenance and repair tasks in All DRC Hajjah properties.
- Monitoring and maintaining office equipment and inventory supplies; orders replacement supplies as needed.
- Preparing correspondence, documentation, or presentation materials.
- Arrange travel and accommodations for all DRC staff in his base.
- Maintain updated record of meeting room bookings.
- Ensure that all office systems and equipment (power, water, telephone, photocopier, fax, etc.) are in good working order.
- Ensure Payment of bills-Water and Electricity of office and guesthouse on time.
- handle all contracts arrangements with lessors and ensuring that contractual obligations are adhered to.
- Lease new offices and houses by selecting suitable location and prepare contracts with close collaboration with security focal points.
- Establish central mail recording system and filing system.
- Responsible for providing efficient and effective office administration.
- Responsible for drafting official letters.
- Schedule meetings and conference room with all requirements (venues – refreshments – stationery and equipment).
- All out-going letters/official communications must have DRC references and all registered in the respective logbook and filed (Soft – Hard) copies.
- Make sure all the date and Lease contracts documentations are tracked and up to date and shared with CO weekly.
- Scan, file and up to date Lease contracts documentations.
- Ensuring that stationery and other office materials are stocked and made efficient use of.
- Provide office and GHs with the needed stationary and kitchen supply.
- Order office and GHs supplies and requirements.
- Ensure health and safety policies are complied with.
- Assure a good relationship with contractors and service providers.
- Make sure all required maintenance of the Offices and GHs are provided and their payments are fully paid in timely manner.
- Make sure there is available advance for the urgent needs.
- Supply the Office and GHs with all the requirements and keep them tracked.
- Follow up the office cleaners and make sure they are doing their responsibilities.
- Keep all the files of the office inside the archiving containers and make sure they are well organized.
- Prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work as per forecasted workloads.
- Assure daily cleaning and maintenance activities.
- Oversee all repairs and ensure that work is completed on time.
- Maintain all supplies and equipment, and ensure proper storage.
- Conduct preventative maintenance work.
- Inspect Office and GHs regularly to identify problems and necessary maintenance.
- Performing multifaceted general office support.
- Perform other administrative tasks within the Admin scope of activities, as instructed by management.
- Deal with all administrative aspects of general office and housing, including necessary repairs & maintenance are complete in a timely manner, in coordination with the SC Dep.
- Insure cleaners Follow maintenance procedures and ensure implementation.
- Carry out regular inspections of the office and GHs to identify and resolve issues.
- Check electrical and plumbing pipes systems of DRC office and GHs to ensure functionality.
- Attend, oversee and follow up all repairs and installation activities.
- Allocate workload and supervise upkeep staff (Cleaners, Gardeners etc.).
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary.
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for maintenance.
- Keep maintenance tracker up to date and report on daily activities.
Qualifications & Experience
- To be successful in this role we expect you to have A university Bachelor/Degree in Management, or other related field.
. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- At least 1 year of experience in similar positions.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic is required.
- Ability to communicate and write clearly in English Solid computers skills (MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Able to work under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience and willingness to travel to field offices.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract length: till 31/12/2021, with possible extension based on performance and fund.
Work place: Hajjah
Start date: As soon as possible.
How To Applyكيفية التقديم
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level (NM-H2).
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Apply online on our link below. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: Nov 30th, 2020. We expect to conduct the interviews on rolling bases.
رابط التقديم للوظيفة :
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We protect displaced people and support them as they build a new future. We started our relief efforts after World War Two. Today, we work in both new and protracted crises across 31 countries. We specialise in six areas: food security, education, shelter, legal assistance, camp management, and water, sanitation and hygiene.
We stand up for people forced to flee. NRC is a determined advocate for displaced people. We promote and defend displaced people's rights and dignity in local communities, with national governments and in the international arena. NRC’s Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva is a global leader in monitoring, reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Share This Job