Protection Cluster Co-Coordinator
The Co-Coordinator will work on a day-to-day basis with Protection Cluster Coordinator to support the role of the Protection Cluster at the national level in Sana'a and the sub-national protection clusters located in Ibb, Hudaydah, Sa'ada and Aden in order to ensure that the Cluster, as well as the broader humanitarian effort, are responsive to the needs of the conflict and displacement-affected population.
The Protection Cluster co-Coordinator will work with UNHCR - as the Cluster Lead Agency for Protection - and the designated Protection Cluster Coordinator to:
- Ensure the effective coordination of the cluster, including at the level of thematic/technical working groups and sub-national clusters;
- Represent the cluster in coordination forums and with key stakeholders, support the design and implementation of Country level strategies and humanitarian funding processes (e.g. Protection Cluster strategy, HNO/HRP, Country-based Pooled Fund)
- Strengthen the capacities, representation and participation of NNGOs and civil society organizations (CSOs) in the coordination structures and collective decision-making processes of the cluster
- Reinforce the centrality of protection in the humanitarian response, including through the development, implementation, and monitoring of an HCT Protection strategy, and promoting protection mainstreaming across sectors;
- Support effective collective protection risks and needs assessment and analysis
The main duties for this role is encompassed in the following thematic areas:
- Coordination of the Protection Cluster
- Centrality of protection and promotion of protection mainstreaming
- Training and capacity-building
- Monitoring, reporting and analysis
- Advocacy and resource mobilization
Qualifications & Experience
Generic professional competencies:
- Postgraduate degree in international law, social sciences or related field
- Excellent understanding of protection issues in emergency situations and detailed knowledge of humanitarian principles, guidelines and laws.
- Excellent leadership, coordination, capacity building, planning and analytical skills.
- Minimum of 7 years proven experience working on protection related issues in humanitarian environments, including provision of technical advice to field teams.
- Excellent representation skills including the development of strong interpersonal relationships to facilitate communication within the cluster.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
Excellent verbal and written English.
- Knowledge of the political, economic and cultural situation in the region; Arabic language knowledge is desirable
- Self-motivated and excellent/keen observant of protection issues.
- Proven ability to live and work in an unstable, complex, insecure environment.
- Proven experience with emergency protection monitoring, documentation and analysis of protection data, cluster coordination/co-coordination, protection of minorities, child protection, SGBV, Mine Action and Mine Risk Education
How To Applyكيفية التقديم
We can offer
- Contract duration: 12 months, subject to availability of funds
- Duty station: Sana'a
- Travel: Travels to the field (at least 10%)
- Fee: Attractive allowances apply
التقديم عبر الرابط التالي:
Yemen now represents the world’s largest humanitarian crisis. Ongoing conflict, economic deterioration and the collapse of public services have left 20 million Yemenis in need of aid and protection. NRC responds to emergency needs in Yemen by providing communities with resources, services and information that enable self-reliance and preserve dignity.
Share This Job