Health and Nutrition Officer
Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the positions of: Health and Nutrition project field officer (3 positions) - Based in Taiz
ROLE PURPOSE: The Health and Nutrition officer has responsibility for the management of the health and Nutrition project activities Under overall guidance and supervision of health and nutrition coordinator, health and nutrition officer will support the daily operational management of all component of primary health care activities in the assigned region, and provide the technical support for health team, ensure timely flow of information to and from filed, This position is also responsible to monitor and evaluate health services delivery according to national protocol.
- Under the direct guidance of health and nutrition coordinator ensure the effective management and development of the Emergency health and Nutrition programmes assessment, monitoring, review and evaluation of the situation and programme and within the framework of the overall SC emergency response.
- Supervise primary health care activities at HFs and DTC and screening of children 6-59 months at targeted areas and referral of needed malnourished cases and life saving cases to the nearest hospitals and general supervision for all health and nutrition programs in targetd districts, with overall technical guidance of health nutrition team.
- Supervise comprehensive training programs for health and nutrition HWs in CMAM / IYCF, IMCI, RH and EPI, as well as CHWs and maintain a record of all trainings conducted.
- With Pharmacist officer support, prepare procurement plan for medical items and process it after getting the approval from senior managers.
- Ensure proper management of pharmaceuticals, other medical supplies and nutritional stock and follow up stock movement and stock cards and consumption rate, moreover, ensure quality of warehouse management at HFs;
- Ensure timely and quality implementation of activities in compliance with the defined project and Country Strategy as well as SCI and donor guidelines.
- Prepare, manage and regularly update the project activities work plan, procurement plan, recruitment plan, and MEAL plan.
- Ensure proper communication, coordination and harmonization of tools with the different stakeholders involved in health /nutrition activities.Ensure minimum standards are maintained in accordinace with humanitarian relief and MOH guidelines. (MISP, SPHERE ..etc)
- Provide technical support to SC staff, partners and government authorities on the planning, implementation and management of the Nutrition and Health programmes.
- Attend weekly meeting with Health and Nutrition project staff, Officer to monitor progress in implementation, exchange information,discuss challenges and plan forward.
- Ensure that staff responsibilities are clearly defined, understood and objectives are set against work plans and regularly monitored.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for H&N staff and work to increase their competencies, capacities and own personnel development. Ensure effective involvement of staff in running the programme through participatory approach in planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and decision-making.
- Ensure that staffs perform well and they are monitored in daily basis to fulfil requiredindicators of the program.
- To maintain and strengthen established links with NGOs, and other agencies including government ministries and agencies.
- Identify program supplies need and perform drug and stock management of medicine including planning, storag, and transport in close coordination with logistic team.
- Maintain working relationship with relevant host government ministries, UN agencies, International and local non-governmental health organizations and for Health and Nutrition programme.
- Work to enhance integration of multi-sectoral activities with other sectors such as WASH / FSL / CP to increase impact.
- Coordinate with logistics, administration, and finance units to procure all equipment, supplies and materials required to implement the project activities, ensuring cost efficiency and accountability in compliance with SCI and donor regulations and procedures.
- Ensure WFP standarads are applieid and followed and CPDR reports have accurate data and are delivered on timely basis.
- Ensure effective and efficient use of all SC resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace.
- Provide support and work closely with MEAL team in carrying out assessments and evaluations.
- Comply with SC policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, child safeguarding, health and safety, equal opportunity and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Perform any other tasks as required by line manager or technical manager.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice) Accountability:
holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved. Ambition:
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale. Collaboration:
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to. Creativity:
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks. Integrity:
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS Bachelor in Medicine or Public Health and Nutrition/ public health professional or equivalent experience in Related field
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 2-3 years experience in implementing emergency health and nutrition programs.
- writing and speaking English skills is desirable.
- Proven ability to manage a program including management of human and material resources.
- Experience staff training and capacity building of national structures.
- Understanding rights based approaches and participatory concepts and practical experience in similar context.
- Ability to communicate and maintain tactful relations with relevant local authorities in political and militarily sensitive environments.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties. Tact and diplomacy are essential.
- Strong commitment to capacity building of national staff and partners with willingness to adopt a participatory and consultative management approach.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to improvise and work in stressful, volatile environment.
- Additional job responsibilities
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We are looking for people with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children and to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.'
How To Applyكيفية التقديم
للتقديم عبر الرابط الاتي:
Save The Children
50 years of dedicated work for the children and families of Yemen.
Save the Children has been working in Yemen since 1963. The first international aid group in Yemen, we work nationally and locally to promote and protect children’s rights, with programs in education, protection, health, nutrition, water, livelihoods, and food security.
Share This Job