Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
Office and Operations Management
- Streamline the operational support of the Abyan sub field Office and ensure that both operations and program staff meet expectations in executing their tasks.
- Work in collaboration with Field Coordinator, DDO and heads of Supply Chain, Humanitarian Access, HR and finance departments to ensure that the sub field office is adequately operating and provide expected level of support to program implementation.
- Coordinate with Finance, Admin and program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
- Continuously monitor security developments in Abyan and Shabwah governorates to ensure security and safety of IRC staff, programs and assets. Manage field-level security incidents in close cooperation with the Humanitarian Access Coordinator.
- Ensure that all IRC premises meet standards and recommend improvements, where necessary.
- Routinely communicate, coordinate and plan with the respective requesting staff/programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
- Ensure that IRC has adequate storage capacity for program supplies.
- Oversee vehicles operations and usage for the smooth and safe running of the programs.
- Lead on new facility identification and selection, when required. Manage initial set-up, if applicable.
- In consultation with the IT officer and IT manager, ensure that Abyan sub-field office is up to IRC standards and recommend improvements, where necessary.
- Maintain office records and disseminate information and correspondence from capital offices vice-versa.
- Provide consistent and constructive support to all program departments in Abyan and Shabwah governorate.
- Follow up with the sub field office programs to ensure that quality programming is carried out and IRC and donor expectation are met.
- Perform regular program site visits to ensure required progress and quality in implementation of activities.
- Communicate and in coordination with the capital-based managers address any issues affecting quality or timeline of program activities.
- Closely follow up on the work of the project managers and officers to ensure that they are well informed of the activities and the funds they are responsible for.
- Promote IRC's image and work ensuring IRC activities are clearly marked by IRC and donor logos, where applicable.
- Represent IRC at all forums and at the inter-cluster coordination meetings chaired by UN OCHA.
- Represent IRC in front of governmental authorities and local communities. Convey information on IRC program activities and criteria as well pass community needs and requests to program coordinators.
- Coordinate, support and oversee work of the IRC'a local partner(s).
- Establish and promote ethical, professional working relationships among staff and between staff and communities.
- Preserve close, open and professional relationships with all staff.
- Work towards strengthening staff's team spirit by demonstrating good leadership.
- Address any issues or misunderstandings which arise within the framework and spirit of IRC policies and rules of professional conduct.
- Support staff in implementation of personnel policies including performance evaluation, staff development, and disciplinary measures.
- Ensure attendance and leave management of all staff assigned to Abyan sub-field office in close coordination with their capital-based managers.
- Ensure adherence to IRC policies and procedures for all operations departments, including Supply chain, Humanitarian Access, HR, finance and IT.
- Ensure health, safety and security protocols are followed at all times, and take timely corrective actions as required and in consultation with the Field Coordinator and SMT.
- Ensure that IRC SOPs and contingency plans are updated and respective and enforce the same in the Abyan sub-field office and throughout IRC implementation areas.
- Promptly inform Field Coordinator of any areas of concern for potential or suspected violations of policies and procedures.
Key Working Relationships: Position Reports to: Field Coordinator
Position directly supervises: SC Officer, Humanitarian Access Officer, Finance/Admin Assistant. This position will also provide day-to-day administrative supervision for the most senior program staff from each sector.
Other Internal and/or external contacts: Internal: Supply Chain, HR & Administration, Program staff, Finance, Grants, Field support staff.
External: UN agencies, partner organization, local governance units, local communities
Qualifications & Experience
- The incumbent should be a graduate from an accredited university in Yemen or abroad with a degree in social studies, political science, business administration or equivalent.
- Demonstrated good program and administrative management skills, as well people management skills.
- Minimum three years professional experience at managerial level.
- Good understanding of budgets and can manage resources as required.
- INGO experience is highly desired.
Soft Skills and Competencies:
- Customer & client centered and service-oriented mind & attitude.
- Energetic, with good networking, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Detail-oriented and professional patience.
Language Skills: Fluency in English and Arabic to communicate clearly and effectively.
Computer Skill: MS Office - Very good MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
Working Environment: Based in Lawder, Abyan, with some travel to Aden and Shabwah.
How To Applyكيفية التقديم
للتقديم عبر الرابط التالي:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world's leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people hit by war and natural disasters globally. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women's empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of legal rights for the vulnerable and displaced, IRC aims to accompany people on their journey from harm to home
Share This Job