Health & Nutrition Project Manager
Develop, lead, monitor and evaluate the assigned nutrition and health project. This involves effectively managing and reporting on the projects in line with the objectives, time frame and budget with a focus on health & nutrition (H&N) system strengthening, training and coordination. Providing technical support, leadership and strategic direction, other important aspects of the role include managing and training H&N staff to meet quality standards in health and nutrition delivery, encouraging beneficiary participation, liaising with other stakeholders, and managing and training H&N staff, and anticipating, planning, and contributing to the development of new H&N project proposals and reports.
Key Activity Areas
Health and Nutrition Project Management
- Manage the assigned H&N project(s) to meet the project objectives within budget and time frame and report promptly any operational concerns to line manager and country nutrition advisor.
- Provide strong leadership of the assigned H&N project(s), working to ensure both short and long-term positive impacts and outcomes for the beneficiaries, local nutrition authorities and local staff.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an appropriate and effective H&N strategy.
- Set clear objectives and indicators for activities in collaboration with staff and local communities.
- Monitor and supervise H&N activities, evaluating progress through outputs and impacts, and involving the H&N team in analysing and taking appropriate action to ensure continued progress.
- Provide input into the integration of beneficiary participation and accountability in project.
- Develop new proposals, linked to the assessed needs and gaps and the Medair country strategy.
- Line-manage the H&N Manager(s), including day-to-day management, development and training, appraisals, etc.
- Facilitate regular meetings to assist information sharing between project staff, to ensure all staff members are aware of project objectives and work plans and to provide the opportunity for feedback.
- Provide coaching and supervision to staff to develop responsibility for health and nutrition activities.
- Assess the training needs of H&N staff and ensure that appropriate training is conducted.
- Manage the health and nutrition budget for the assigned project and ensure all expenses are according to budget and meet the Medair standards with regard to financial management.
Communication and Coordination
- Develop and maintain appropriate, regular, transparent and supportive communication structures with the assigned H&N team, Medair in-country and GSO health and nutrition managers and advisors and other relevant stakeholders with the objective of ensuring good cooperation and partnerships.
- Participate in H&N coordination meetings, Medair internal trainings, and other working groups or meetings, representing Medair and feeding back to the H&N staff and field managers on issues.
- Support the logistics activities of project staff, particularly in relation to the purchasing of medicines, supplies and equipment for the assigned H&N facilities and activities.
- Liaise, as necessary, with the nutrition, health, logistics and finance staff to ensure items are procured, transported, stored, managed and accounted for correctly.
- Ensure projects are implemented in line with donor proposals and requirements and in accordance with Medair, donor, country and international standards i.e. Sphere and HAP standards.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
Qualifications & Experience
- Higher level qualification, preferably in health/nutrition or in another relevant field such as nursing/midwifery/doctor/community-based training.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- 2 years post-qualification professional experience in a relevant field.
- Management experience in a nutrition / health context.
- Aptitude for community mobilisation and capacity-building.
- Experience in training/mentoring/coaching.
- Able to prioritise, to enforce procedures and to set clear objectives for staff and to delegate.
- Leadership and project management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian standards such as Sphere and HAP.
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Good numerical, report writing and administration skills and problem-solving ability.
- Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner and self-motivated.
How To Applyكيفية التقديم
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
سيتم قبول السير الذاتية والملفات باللغة الانجليزية فقط
للتقديم عبر الرابط الاتي:
Medair is a humanitarian organisation inspired by Christian faith to relieve human suffering in some of the world’s most remote and devastated places.
Since 1989, we’ve been helping families in crisis around the world—regardless of race, creed, or nationality–survive and recover with dignity.
- +41 21 694 35 35
Share This Job