Health Programme Coordinator, Aden, Yemen
Under supervision of health and nutrition program Manager, the health program coordinator will be a crucial part of a team responsible and accountable for Ensuring the effective management and development of the emergency health programme through regular monitoring, review and evaluation and within the framework of the overall emergency programme strategy. Monitor disease prevalence and development through surveillance systems, strengthen response mechanisms for health problems and assess the need for additional health activities. Provide training, capacity building and technical support to Save the Children staff, partners and government authorities on the planning, implementation and management of the emergency health and nutrition programme, disease surveillance and health information services. Support the program manager to ensuring the completion of funding proposals. Produce high quality reports for Save the Children and donors within agreed reporting schedules as required. Document programme learning, ensuring it is fed into organisational advocacy.
- Overall responsibility for the day to day management of Health projects site activities and staff.
- Provide technical guidance to support SCI staff and MoH (health care of IDPs and local population), through operations in fixed health facilities and community based health interventions.
- Ensure all staff understand and implement health programme protocols used in the treatment of communicable disease, RH, New-born care, etc.
- Ensure appropriate and consistent health education messaging to mothers and other carers at health facilities sites and in the community.
- Facilitate the development and scheduling of outreach activities.
- Develop monthly work plans in respect of the annual plan and donor agreements.
- Support field level technical assessments in coordination with the H&N response lead and other SC thematic areas and/or other external sector agencies, ensuring assessment findings are documented and that all assessments include a specific analysis of children's needs
- Manage the expenses of the programs according to the work plan and budget assigned for each activity ( Grant management), develop forecasting, revision of the budget when it necessary, and ensure that all activities where conducted with reasonable cost.
- Prepare field visit plans and supervision checklist in advance of trips.
- Compile monthly activity/performance reports and lead stock consumption/distribution plans for each of the project sites.
- Conduct evaluation and appraisal of staff according to the program structure.
- With MEAL team, to lead in health assessment planning, implementation, analysis, interpretation and reporting.
- Assist the country office identify areas where health interventions are appropriate, and the resources required to provide them.
- With support from the Accountability Lead ensure accountability is enforced in all project activities as well as ensuring that feedback from children and their families is considered in project design/implementation
- Work closely with partners and their staff to ensure project activities are implemented in time and within the stipulated quality
- With the finance department, assist the health team regularly monitor expenditure against grants for education.
- Assist in providing technical support to the health program through mentoring, workshops and on the job training for Save the Children, government and partner organization staff.
- Prepare and/or coordinate production of quality reports on health and nutrition activities to donors and other agencies as required.
- Ensure high quality documentation of health activities that promote efficient programs that have an impact on children and program learning within the field office.
- Ensure that the health program has effective monitoring systems in place to collect, analyze and act on information collected and that health program activities are evaluated.
- Monitor and evaluate the health interventions and develop strategies to ensure achievement of objectives.
- Liaise with other implementing partners and local authorities to maximize collaboration and ensure proper coordination of activities
- Attend health management and coordination meetings.
- To take any other relevant task given by the supervisor.
Qualifications & Experience
- Post graduate master's degree on public health or bachelor degree on medicines and 2+ years management experience of running complex multi grant health and nutrition programme , both in emergency and normal circumstances
- Proven ability to manage a programme including management of human and material resources.
- Experience staff training and capacity building of national structures.
- A very good understanding of at least of key technical areas of health and nutrition programming and a working knowledge of the other sectors that include education, livelihoods and CP.
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options, and follow the strategic directions as guided.
- An in-depth understanding of national development issues in particular in relation to children.
- Previous experience of working with a multi-cultural team and the adaptability to varied team dynamics
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. .
- Understanding rights based approaches and participatory concepts and practical experience in similar context.
- Ability to communicate and maintain tactful relations with relevant local authorities in political and militarily sensitive environments.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties. Tact and diplomacy are essential.
- Strong commitment to capacity building of national staff and partners with willingness to adopt a participatory and consultative management approach.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to improvise and work in stressful, volatile environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English & Arabic.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
How To Applyكيفية التقديم
The recruiting organization, Save the Children, has not specified a closing date for this vacancy or continues to list jobs after their stated closing date. Because such positions may remain open, they are listed here until removed from the recruiting organization's website. Click the button below to verify its current status.
رابط التقديم للوظيفة
Save The Children
50 years of dedicated work for the children and families of Yemen.
Save the Children has been working in Yemen since 1963. The first international aid group in Yemen, we work nationally and locally to promote and protect children’s rights, with programs in education, protection, health, nutrition, water, livelihoods, and food security.
Share This Job