About the Foundation:
Yemen Development Foundation (YDF) is a non-governmental, and non-proﬁt foundation. It was established in 2016 by a group of development professionals with aims to empower most vulnerable, poor and disadvantaged populations. It is professionally managed NGO, active in individual and community related issues. The primary focus of YDF is on the problems of the poor; in their struggle to obtain a life of justice and dignity. Environment stabilization, humanitarian work, education, water and sanitation, food security and empowerment of the community for self-governance are the most important components of its mission. Gender justice, natural resource management, and livelihood security are YDF primary areas of concern. Maternal and child health, nutrition, child rights and youth empowerment are also within the main focus of YDF, due to the belief that women are a pillar in society, and that children and youth are the foundation for a brighter future for Yemen.
This position demands
a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a
demanding and fast paced environment. Under the direct supervision Project Manager,
the Protection Officer will oversee and manage the implementation of all project
protection activities for timely, high-quality, and effective provision of
protection services in areas of intervention, and will be a key link between
field staff, Project Assistant/Officers, and Project Manager. The Protection Officer will also ensure that
all staff follow international technical standards and guidelines, including
donor regulations and compliance, to deliver high-quality programming in a
Job description/ key responsibilities:
- With the Protection Monitors, provide ongoing oversight,
leadership, and guidance to the field teams to ensure that the project
activities meet high quality and best practice standards and prioritize the
safety and security of beneficiaries and staff.
- Provide, technical management and support for the
implementation of the protection activities in areas of intervention, and
prepare capacity materials for relevant protection activities; Supervise and
provide technical guidance on best practices and standards of protection teams,
and lead prepare devised work plans for field teams' visits in collaboration
with the relevant project staff.
- Ensure that protection teams are fully trained on existing
referral systems and relevant SOPs, and aware and able to develop and update
the mapping of services to ensure that PSS teams can provide individualized
case management, undertake safe referrals according to the protection minimum
- Work closely with data management staff to support the
protection teams on how to best utilize the protection tools and maintain the
case management database up-to-date; regular review and follow up of referrals,
ensuring referral follow up is conducted appropriately with relevant project
staff and the service is provided.
- With the support of data management staff, regularly review
project data, ensuring accurate data collection, and analyze the data to ensure
the meeting of donor targets, and protection key trends for further reporting
- Review and finalize the protection teams' reports on
protection assessments and incidents, for evidence-based referrals and advocacy
for the protection gaps and needs of IDPs and other conflict-affected Persons
of Concern (PoCs).
- Ensure to supervise assessment carried out by field
protection teams and data collection, to prepare protection updates, contribute
in Sitreps, weekly/monthly reports, in compliance with set deadlines and to
report to the Reporting Officer.
- Contribute to report protection trends analysis on a regular
basis, and maintain an up to date and in-depth understanding of community
dynamics in the communities monitored including the surrounding host community.
- Build and maintain good communication and close
collaboration with the project Officers and Assistants in order to support the
development of technical tools, templates and formats with the guidance of
Senior Protection Officer and support of Data Management staff; and to discuss
progress, the rollout of activities, any other technical guidance or support/
capacity-building needs to ensure a coordinated humanitarian response, and
address any beneficiary feedback, concerns or issues through the appropriate
- Undertake regular field visits to all areas of interventions
to support and assess project implementation, identify any concerns and obtain
beneficiary feedback; and develop and maintain effective working relationships
with other INGOs, community leaders and service providers and other key
stakeholders to ensure active coordination, collaboration, and information
- Liaise with logistic and finance departments to ensure
protection activities have the required resources at time, and complete and
keep records of the necessary paperwork.
- Perform any other duties as may be requested by the CC
manager or YDF management.
Job Requirements & qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Social Sciences,
International Development, sociology or another relevant field.
- 2 years of experience working with a NNGO or INGO,
particularly in Protection.
- Demonstrated practical experience in Protection, Human
Rights, GBV, community-based approaches and case management in a humanitarian
- Demonstrating practical experience in humanitarian
principles and protection principles.
- Native Arabic and
strong English skills are essential.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
(particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Excellent management, communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Prior familiarity with the implementation of protection
projects preferred (sufficient technical knowledge).
- Experience in supervising field staff in challenging
situations, carrying out professional team management, and providing
capacity-building and training, including a supportive working style.
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles and
protection guidelines, and familiarity with case management principles,
standards and procedures.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience in mainstreaming protection concepts within a
- Basic monitoring and evaluation experience.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and