About the job
DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL Yemen is looking for a qualified Grants Management Specialist who will support the Grants Management Coordinator in building and administering the country program’s portfolio of multiple grants across all locations and sectors in which DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL operates. The overall purpose of the Grants Management Specialist position is to support grant management, proposal development, ensuring high-quality and timely donor reporting and engagement with donors, as well as ensuring that all grants processes and donor requirements are met for the assigned portfolio.
The Grants Management Specialist provides expert services on grants management and donor compliance and will work closely with the programme and support teams. The Specialist will provide technical advice to all team members on donor rules and regulations to ensure all programs are compliant. The Grants Management Specialist will work collaboratively with the Area and Base Managers, Technical Units , Partnerships and Communications, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) unit, Finance, and Headquarters staff as well as externally with donors and DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL programme partners.
Geographic scope: The duty station of the Grants Management Specialist will be based in Sana’a with regular travel to field locations.
Employment category: Band G -Non-Management
Reporting to: Grants Management Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provides expert advisory services for the specialized area of grants management and donor compliance.
· Review donor contracts to inform decision making during contract execution and implementation.
· Keep abreast of, interpret, and provide guidance to staff on donor regulations and policies; educate project staff on award compliance issues.
· Ensure quality information management related to grants (including managing the DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL Dynamics for Grants and in-country documentation and trackers)
· Coordinate and facilitate Kick Off, Review and Closure Meetings for DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL Yemen grants to ensure donor compliance, operation/program integration, logistics support, etc. in the multiple DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL office locations.
· Ensure DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL Grant Management Guidelines are followed and updated based on changes to systems and processes.
· Assist Grants Management Coordinator in developing fundraising strategy and maintaining up to date information on donor priorities and funding opportunities.
· Assist the Grants Management Coordinator in updating grants processes and procedure and ensure compliance with DANISH REFUGEE COUNCILs Grants Management Handbook.
Reporting and proposals:
· Manage and supervise internal and external reporting, ensuring high-quality, well-written and timely reports meeting donor and DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL requirements
· Facilitate review of reports by DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL’s headquarters and regional offices as per internal procedures, incorporate feedback received, and address all questions and comments;
· Responsible for maintaining and sharing monthly Grants Tracker with relevant colleagues, including keeping an overview of financial and narrative reports as well as pipeline proposal and amendments.
· Maintain grants system, including grant files, project and financial reporting documentation to ensure grant compliance.
· Support on financial and narrative parts of proposal development. Reviewing proposals for consistency, compliance and high quality before submitted to donor.
· Assist management in donor liaison and communication. Represent DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL in other external meetings with stakeholders and coordination meetings.
· Assist on communication, negotations and coordination with donors and external stakeholders.
Training and capacity building
· Undertake training for programme and operation staff on grants management and processes to enhance quality within DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL programming. This will include quality reporting and project cycle management. Also provide one-on-one support in report writing, proposal development, indicator tracking, DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL-specific tools, and other topics, as needed.
· Support on development of training material, and faciltiaiton of trainings, on report writing and donor compliance with local partners.
· Conduct visits to field locations as possible/needed
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
· At least three years technical experience in grants management, including humanitarian funding, proposal writing, report writing, donor compliance and project cycle management
· Preferably technical experience from grants management from another INGO
· Solid understanding of working on donor reports, proposals and sub-grants, and with UN, US and EU donors
· Experience in managing proposal development and proposal writing processes for relevant UN, US and EU donors
· Experience with coordinating, managing and reviewing donor reports and ensuring timely, high quality reports to donors
· Demonstrate ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects
· Ability to analyze budgets for compliance with donor budget guidelines
· Confident in Program Cycle Management and Logical Framework Approach
· Excellent English writing skills
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines
· Ability to be proactive and work with minimal supervision
· Excellent interpersonal skills, culturally sensitive and adaptable
Moreover we also expect the following:
Education: (certificates, licenses etc.)
Advanced degree in political science, international development, economics or other relevant field
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic
· Local / National Authorities
· Cluster Coordinators
· Interational and national donors
· DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL Technical Leads, Programme, QA, Finance and HR
· Head of Program/Ops/Head of Support Services
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL’ five core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
· Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
· Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
To apply for this job: