The Education Cluster Officer will work closely with Education Cluster Coordinator and IMO to strength cluster approach and physical present in all governorates under Aden Hub. He/She will conduct regular visit to the governorates to meet active NGOs, Education authorities, observe partner interventions and identify needs from the ground. He/She also will support CC in presenting cluster in different meetings, preparing the different requirements from OCHA, National & GEC and other stockholders.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Education Cluster Coordinator (Aden)
Staff reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibilities: based on SCI policy.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Strength Cluster present in governorates under Aden Hub:
• Conduct regular travel missions to the governorates under Aden Hub to strength cluster present on the ground.
• Organize meetings with Education authorities and active NGOs to introduce Cluster approach and engage them in its activities.
• Conduct felid visits to observe partners’ interventions and suggest corrections when needed.
• Identify needs, analyse the situation and make efforts to advocate through partners to response to them.
• Provide schools affected by mines risk list to OCHA and UNDP and followed up their response to update list based on that.
• Active participation in other Clusters/ Working group meetings and present Education Cluster inputs.
• Support CC in coordination, preparation, facilitation and reporting capacity-building activities.
• Prepare and follow PRs, GRN, and other Logistic and finance required demounts that related to cluster activities.
• Track all capacity building sessions attendance sheet and analyses the participants based on gender and type of NGOs.
• Inter and update all cluster expense in budget trucker, ensure if it is reflected in GL in coordination with education related staff in SCI.
• Preparing monthly and regular reports, which reflect achievements against plans.
• Keep well-organized, updated and easy access soft archive for all documents.
Planning and supporting CC:
• Supporting CC in preparing, reviewing, updating contingency, response, recovery planning and strategy development.
• Coordinate, support and follow up need assessments activities leaded by cluster.
• Support CC in HNO, HRP, YHF and other regular/annual exercise as required from National or GEC.
• Provide the required Support to Cluster Focal points in governorates as needed.
• Keep strong, wide and updated knowledge about education and context situation and partner’s interventions in the country.
• Participate and present Aden Hub Education Cluster in national and global capacity building sessions/meeting.
• Print attendance sheet before each cluster meeting and make sure it is recorded and subsequently collected at the end of the meeting; and share it with IMO.
• Ensure attendance sheets for all meetings/sessions is scanned, and keep them organized, updated and easy to reach.
• Chair and Co- Chair cluster working groups meetings under Aden Hub.
• Reviewing the cluster dashboard, GEC website, DTM regular updates, 4W and extracting data specific to Aden hub members to be present during cluster meetings.
• Highlighting the archived/ongoing activities, gaps and needs under the Aden Area of Responsibility.
• Write MoM for cluster monthly meetings in both Arabic and English.
• Regularly update the contact information of all cluster members and relevant actors using the approved template from Cluster Coordinator (CC) and share updates with IMO.
• Support Imo when needed to response for new Membership from NGOs that are interested in joining cluster, reviewing and evaluating requests based on approved template and share results with CC.
• Provide suggesting which support smart and easy management regarding to membership information.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
● University Certification in Education, Humanitarian, IT or Computer Engineering.
● At least two -years previous experience in Education in emergencies.
● Advance skills in dealing with Microsoft Office.
• Good English skills - verbal
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Mar 1, 2021
To apply for this job: